Our BAFTA nominated series made with BBC Learning, is now showing on BBC Bitesize and also on their YouTube channel BBC Teach.
We’ve collaborated with Leeds based The Firm Music group in turning 6 Shakespeare plays into catchy pop songs and animated them with our own special Fettle twist!
We’ve tackled Twelfth Night, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, Hamlet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream and The Tempest.
We’ve tried to stay true to the original text and intentions of each play, but brought it up to date too, to introduce the plays and the glorious language of William Shakespeare to a younger audience.
This year is the 400th anniversary of the death of the famous bard, and we have made these in celebration of these timeless classic plays – we think Shakespeare just might have approved!
- Director Zane Whittingham
- Producer Kath Shackleton
- Music, vocals and lyrics The Firm Music Group
- Production Assistant Julia Young
- Animator Ryan Jones
- Animator/designer Tamara Webster
- Animator Luke Sault
- Background artist Laura Tattersfield
- Storyboard artist Phil Jeffery
- Art assistant Lisa Mather
- Educational advisor John Chapman
- Storytelling advisor Susanna Meese
- Additional animation Chris Lacey
- Initial design Emma Reynolds
- Administrator for BBC Learning Sandra Budin
- Producer for BBC Learning Zoe Knights
- Executive Producer BBC Bitesize Lisa Percy
- Award nomination Royal Television Society Yorkshire Animation 2016
- Award nomination Children's BAFTA Learning Primary 2016